Friday, February 7, 2014

A Baptism and a Prank!

Hello Hello Family!
I can’t believe how much can happen in just one week! The week started out anticipating transfers. I was pretty confident we were staying in Pukekohe and I was right we aren't going anywhere!
Sister Holmes and I played a prank on the elders in district meeting it was hilarious. We were the first ones there so we set up the tables and put a little baby nursery table up front with little baby nursery chairs. Elder Brann and Terry our zone leaders walked in and Elder Brann started laughing and Elder Terry just looked annoyed but they just sat down anyway and started studying like we do before meetings. Right before the meeting started they got up and left for the restroom  and I leaned over to Sister Holmes and said hurry lets switch it to a big table while they are gone. So we jumped up and switched it back putting all their stuff exactly how they left it on the little one. And when they came back we were all studying again and they started laughing pretty hard it was great!


On Wednesday the day before transfers Sister Whiting and Sister Lamoureux our training leaders came down and I am so glad I got to say goodbye. I adore Sister Lamoureux I think we were friends in the Pre-existence, plus she loves Nitro Circus what are the chances??
Thursday morning (EARLY IN THE MORNING!) Sister Holmes and I got to teach the seminary class. It was lots of fun and even though it was way too early to be alive. The kids were great I love the youth in this ward!
Fixing the heater in the baptismal font. She's super handy.







Shanti did get baptized on Saturday! It was a huge miracle! About half the ward showed up at 8 when the baptism was supposed to start and NO SHANTI! Through a long chain of events it all worked out she showed up at about 9 o’clock, all the ward members had waited for her that night to show up and now she is officially a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! WOOT WOOT! The service was beautiful and I felt so happy and blessed. She was as golden of an investigator as they come. She knew that everything we told her was true from the moment we first met her. It sounds crazy but I am just grateful that God let me be part of her life!
Well I hope all is well at home love you much!!
Love Sister Miggin



Sister Leung-wo She is the best! I love her dearly! She is from austrailia and is so funny.


I decorated her white handbook with stickers to make her feel better! By the look on her face I think it worked!
This is Ellie Cooper that we were at her house for Christmas!

She gave us an Ice Cream Cone because it was really HOT!
I would just like to take a moment to thank everyone who has been reading. Its so nice to hear your feedback and know that you are excited to see what Lyndsi is doing. This week I loved seeing that Shanti was baptised. Its very cool that she is now a member of the church. It strengthens my testimony and I am grateful that Lyndsi was able to go to New Zealand participate in bringing her the good news of the gospel! As always please keep Lyndsi and her companion in your prayers and I will keep you updated on her progress. -Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment