Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A week after the rest of us Lyndsi got to watch general conference.


Dearest Family~

This week has been full of all kinds of things! I am glad to hear everyone is doing good back home! First I would like to brag about my sweet Shanti! She is amazing! She has not missed one Sunday of church since we met her and she is a full blown member. She is almost 58 years old now and she is still working Monday-Saturday about 13 hour days. Sunday is her only day off and even if she nods off a couple times in sacrament meeting she is always there ten minutes early for 9am meetings. She is trying to keep the Sabbath day holy better. Instead of shopping on Sunday she walks into town on Saturday night after she finishes work at 8pm to do her shopping. She also is super excited about family history work. She is planning on going to the temple next month to do her parents work. I wish that I had her faith and strength! We are now teaching her daughter and niece and they are both planning on coming to church this upcoming Sunday for Easter. I am super excited!

In other big news TENO texted us this week! She texted us Saturday night and said that she misses and needs the gospel in her life and that she wants to get together with us and talk. So many of my prayers were answered when she texted! I miss her so much and pray for her often. Her testimony is so strong but Satan is working on her so much. She has the power to influence so many people and she will someday make such a big difference in the lives of many. I know that someday when the timing is right she will join the church. I hope that I get to be there to witness it whenever that may be!

Transfers are coming up next week. I am pretty sure I will be getting moved and it is kind of bitter sweet. I will be excited to continue my journey here in New Zealand but the family I have here in this area mean so much to me. Maybe President will feel inspired to leave me here for just one more transfer! The ward is starting to think that I am a permanent fixture though! Sister Isnard and I have officially been called to the Primary. Not really but they don’t have enough people to help so Bishop (Duane 'the Rock' Johnson) pulled us into the office and asked us to help ou. I am teaching Relief Society on Sunday.

I  learned so much from conference this week.  I don’t think I have ever taken so many notes in all my life! This week was one big revelation to me though. Sister Isnard and I watched a clip during study about Wilford Woodruff’s conversion and I was amazed by his faith and seeking for the truth! As I was reading in the book of Mormon in the Book of Mormon I came about many prophesies about the last days. I had this overwhelming feeling as I read and studied 'How do you save people that don't want to be saved?' I felt a minor peace of the sadness that Moroni must have felt when he watched all of his people be destroyed until he was the only one left because of their iniquity and unrighteousness. And now the same has been foretold of us, the same kind of destruction to all those who are unrighteous. Why do people feel as though they do not need God? In President Holland’s talk this week he said "Sadly enough, my young friends, it is a characteristic of our age that if people want any gods at all, they want them to be gods who do not demand much, comfortable gods, smooth gods who not only don’t rock the boat but don’t even row it, gods who pat us on the head, make us giggle, then tell us to run along and pick marigolds" Do we realize what a great responsibility we have to spread the gospel as members of the church to try and convince people that don't feel that they need a God, to find those that are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it. We have been called to love our neighbor as Christ loves us. We are asked to share what we know and share with all those we meet as he did. To invite four people a year to be taught by the missionaries. In Mormon 8:38 it says " O ye pollutions, ye hypocrites, ye teachers, who sell yourselves for that which will canker, why have ye polluted the holy church of God? Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies—because of the praise of the world?" As I read this scripture and truly reflected on where I am now and what I was doing before I came on my mission. Why are we ashamed to take upon us the name of Christ? Do we really have the conviction that this church is true and if we do can we feel the urgency to share it to those around us? Do we remember the covenant we made at baptism to remember him always and be a disciple of Christ at all times? I know that I have often failed at this many times especially which standing for what I know is right and sharing what I know. But we should not wait to change, now is the time to start walking forward. To decide like the Prophet said to be better today than we were before. To move forward with faith and strength and a conviction of the truth that will lead us to save our Brothers and Sisters.

 
I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!

 
Love Sister Miggin

No comments:

Post a Comment