Saturday, May 24, 2014

Knowing.

Kia Ora Family!
I am glad to hear everyone is alive and not smooshed on the side of the road (aka DAD!) I am glad that the angels are protecting you guys like I ask everyday! Things are wonderful here! They took our car to get fixed this week though and so we have been biking on average like 20 miles a day woot woot! Only problem is it is cold and rainy so needless to say I have the sniffles and feel kinda poopy but like they say "let us all press on in the work of the Lord.."

EXCITING NEWS!!!!!

Simon is getting baptized on JUNE 28! He came to a baptism last night for an eight year old in the Branch and he loved it. We had multiple investigators there and Elder and Sister Goodman were indespensible in helping us with them because it takes a lot of time to communicate with Simon. He doesnt understand a lot but he likes coming to things because he can watch and he is still feeling the spirit. And its fun to watch people change. The first couple things he came to he was in jeans and a coat and hat and last night he had on a button up and a suit coat with his jeans. I have noticed that you can slowly watch peoples conversions through the way the dress. Some of the members that grew up members try to tell them what to wear but I like to watch them slowly do it on their own its like you are watching their heart change outwardly in how they worship and feel!:)  PS Melinda that we have been taking over to his lessons is so wonderful as well. And ;) he likes her so my match making skills are back in session woot woot!

Also we had a little but wonderful miracle this week.. one night we were walking down the street to an appointment and we ran into Sole. It was so good to see him and talk to him face to face instead of on the phone. He is still holding in strong reading his scriptures and praying, but his family has still not talked to him.:( He is still in our prayers!

Something that I learned this week in preach my gospel was in the Christlike Attributes chapter. As I was reading it and studying and trying to apply it this week, I took the little quiz at the end of the chapter. I haven't taken it since the first month I was out and it was fun to see that I have progressed quite a bit! Also by studying this chapter I have come to realize even more so what it means to be a disciple of Christ. This one night as we were planning this week our next door neighbors were having a party they had laughed at us as we walked home and while we were sitting there I looked at the picture of the Savior and had a massive realization. That those people out there must think I am completely crazy. To leave my family, my job, my friends...not to party, and drink, and date... to go out rain or shine and talk  to heaps of people that don't usually want to talk to me. And then as I stared into the Saviors eyes I thought about it from my point of view. How could I not come? When he did everything for me. How could I stay inside when it is raining in case I find someone who is starving spiritually. How could I not leave my family when I know how blessed they will be if I serve faithfully. How could I break his commandments when he gave them to me to save my soul for no personal gain for himself. How lucky am I to know my Savior personally, to talk with him in a two way conversation on a daily basis. How lucky am I to know that I will be with my family forever and someday when I make a family of my own they will be sealed to me forever. How lucky am I? And as I looked at the picture of my Savior and could hear them partying outside I have never been so happy to be me and to be different and to know who I am, a daughter of God, and even though I make many mistakes everyday I know my Savior and he knows I am trying and that I love him. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 

Any way that is most of the good stuff! Sorry I forgot my camera today on my bed so I will have to send pictures next week of all the mischief we got up to. Please be safe and careful!! I love you and miss you all!

Love Sister Miggin

No comments:

Post a Comment