Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cheap Fruit and Duck Bones


 Hello Friends and Family,

Thank you for your continued support of Little Lily White. I'm bad with dates but I think she has already been doing this for like over a month now! Time flies right. I hope you have had a chance to shoot Lyndsi an email (lyndsi.miggin@myldsmail.net) I know she has loved hearing from everyone. 

Below is her update complete with pictures. 


Lyndsi found the cheap fruit that we had been told about. Apparently people set it out and if you want some you just leave some money for what you take. Super cool!

                      Some cows. Honestly that is all the information she gave me for this picture. LOL


                        Sister Holmes found some duck bones while the girls were out tracting. EW.

"Me and Sister Lamourex. She is the one we did exchanges with that I just love to pieces I feel like I have known her forever."
These are wild flowers that grow everywhere. B-E-A-Utiful.
Kia Ora Family,

I miss you all so much! But this week has been loads of fun on the mission! For New Years Eve we had mission conference, with all 201 missionaries now serving in the Hamilton Mission. I got to see some of my friends from the MTC and from the Mission and it was so much fun! There is a lot of spirit in the room when you get that many missionaries singing and learning together it was a really cool experience. Also President Rudd asked us to rededicate our areas and he rededicated the entire mission for missionary work. So we did a dedication of our District, our Ward, and our Flats. It was really cool and it is fun to watch such young elders using their priesthood. 
From the All Mission Conference
Sister Lamoureux on the left and Sister Moore on the right
Roger Hamon explains origin of Hamon Bush
Sister Holmes and her old companions.
 Things have been better with my companions this week, mostly just because we gave up and decided to not let our other companion bug us so much but either way we are working together better and the miracles are starting to flow in like crazy!! Our investigator Tenou is making huge leaps she quit drinking and went from 20 cigarettes a day to 3. She wrote down her first prayer for us and let us read it at one of our lessons and it made me tear up. It was so sweet! And then Saturday night all our appointments fell through so we were trudging through the rain to knock on some doors and she must have seen us in the rain because she popped her head out of her house and had us come in to teach her to get us out of the rain. She also came to Sacrament yesterday and was so touched by the testimonies that she went home and read some of the Book of Mormon. She has been having a hard time understanding it so we had made an appointment that night to have scripture study with her and when we showed up she was so excited to see us. She is moving forward so much. We talked about baptism with her for the first time yesterday and she was kinda ify about it and said maybe in the future. Come to find out she thought getting baptized meant becoming a Sister missionary and giving up her job and stuff and she was still considering it haha I am glad we could clear it up for her because now she seems so much more open about it. Good thing the spirit discerned her problem with baptism because we never would have figured that one out :) Another one of our investigators Anne was our miracle from last week. She is the one we went back and knocked on her door and her dad said she was catholic and not to come back and her cousin chased after us down the road to come back. 
The road she was chased down.
We had our first lesson with her and I asked my first baptism commitment. I felt so strongly to do it but was scared I was going to screw it up. I guess I did alright because she is set for baptism on February 15!!!:) Her and her boyfriend James both came to church yesterday to and she said that her older sister is going to help her tell her dad about converting. She said her siblings are SUPER supportive which is such a blessing. And Sante that we told you about last week also the little lady from Fiji came to church again also. She is progressing and her daughter that she lives with has started reading the Book of Mormon also. We had 3 of the less active families show up to church this week also. The work is moving forward and so wonderful. Even when I have rough moments now I feel so blessed. And I know that after 8 hours of walking in the hot fields, or rain pouring on us that it is all worth it. I love these people with all my heart and like President Brandt said in my blessing I feel like I knew these people before. I appreciate all your prayers I have needed them and they have given me strength. Please tell Kali, Aunt Sandra and Chad thank you for the Christmas cards I just got them and thank you for their love and support! I hope you all have a great week!

With Love,
Sister Miggin

So much hard work and she is seeing some success too! 

Please keep Lyndsi in your prayers and I will keep you updated on her progress. 

Love, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment