Sunday, October 26, 2014

October 19, 2014


Hey Mama Dearest-

It has been an awesome week! We have two investigators progressing towards baptism named Piki and Mexico and we had 3 less actives that we have been working with the last few months who came back to church yesterday!!  Sister Hughes and I are doing great we finish each other’s sentences we have been together so much now and people say she is even starting to sound like me. When she came she was super quiet but now she is starting to get loud too ha ha I tease her that I bring out the best in her:) We had exchanges this week with our sister training leader to so I was down in Hamilton for 24 hours. It was alright but I would have rather stayed in Ngaruawahia lol of all the places I have been on my mission Ngaruawahia feels like home I love it here! We get to do heaps of service to which is fun for members and less actives especially but I think that is why they trust us so much and help us every day with the work! We have family home evenings a few times a week and the members invite people over for us they are always introducing us to their friends it is really cool!! I am almost down to the six month mark so I started the 6month diet a week early! I am packing on the love I think lol In New Zealand if they love you they feed you so no matter that we wake up at 530 to work out I am still gaining a bit of weight haha time to get it off! I love you so much! Miss you heaps!

PS the luggage is fantastic I think I have the best luggage in the mission I LOVE IT! For Christmas I would like money in my account to start buying souvenirs with! Lame I know but I want to bring back some really cool stuff! And as far as testimonies did I tell you what happened with the Waters family? I was studying a few weeks ago and I got this really strong impression that someone coming to church before first Sunday really needed to hear their testimonies so I just kept feeling it as I studied so we went over Saturday morning and had a little lesson with them and invited them to. Sunday rolled around and testimony meeting went 20 minutes over but they did it and it was awesome and Aunty Sally told me that Bishop had called her and thanked her because he thinks there are quite a few people in the ward that needed to hear what they had to say! It was cool! And I have learned on my mission that if you bear your testimony your sins get forgiven. There are quite a few scriptures on it... how sweet is that! Lol

Doctrine and Covenants 62:3

Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you.

Anyway love you much!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment